Experience of being NOC Assistant in Asian Games 2018

I don't know where should i start because since i think to write this there is so much thing in my mind that i want to put into words.

Ok maybe i start on the process i became Volunteer. Well actually i already heard about Asian Games open registration for Volunteer since 2017, but i missed some information and missed the registration batch 1. The kiddos from batch 1 take a role in organizing the Test Event Tournament for Asian Games. Shortly, in January i heard that they will open registration for the Main event then without thinking twice i signed for that. What needed is only photo with white background, SKCK (Police report with the information that we are clear from any criminal record) and yup just filled the form online. It took 3 month until the commitee give me the information that i am selected to be volunteer ,they oblige all volunteer to had a psikotest and focus group discussion so they can know about our mentality and such (like placement test). After the test, the commitee give us further information about general training, in general training mostly they only talked about the history of olympic,the aoc, the mascot, and how Indonesia became the host of 18th Asian Games. That's all. Until in a holy Ramadhan month they hold 2nd General Training. In that second GT they gave us a soft skill material such as communication, tourism, interpersonal skill, and etiquette. The last but not least as we already got the placement result they held a Job Specific Training (JST). In that JST i hope that the commitee give us clearer information about our job description but ugh.. we still talking about the mascott and other unimportant stuffs like doing a group game. I don't understand why they even put the games in that JST because beside it tiresome it was useless. What is the point? we're not even be in the same group again with the people that been in the same group at that time. So yeah... maybe u can explain me so i can understand. Not so long (actually it long) after the JST there is an announcement of NOC. I got NOC BANGLADESH and i am selected as a Team Leader. Not to brag, but I was really shocked at that time, like how could i?? i don't even know anything. The others team leader are mostly chosen because they were alumni from the Test Event. Luckily after that they held another meeting called induction that helps me to get a little frame of what will i do.

Then the D day is come.

11 August 2018 First time met with the Bangladesh NOC there are Mr shams (HQ Official), Mr Shohel (Finance) and Mr Sarker (Deputy Chef de mission). At first i quite scared of Mr sarker because he looks so tough haha but yes he is, indeed. First day of working they ordered me to come to welcome the football team at the airport and day after that day i regulary come to the airport to welcome everyone that coming lol from doctor, journalist, press noc, secretary general noc,and of course the athletes. 

First week of working definetely the toughest and the exhausted one, with minimum knowledge of my job description i learn one by one by myself and thanks to my team who cover me and willing to learn together. "After the storm the rainbow will come" that idiom is right. After a week i became more familiar with them, from hard to understand what they are saying because english barrier, day after day even when they didn't speak and they only showed gestures i can understand. I'm getting close with them, mostly with the manager/ coach. First person that i really close with is Dr. Sailendu he is really caring, wise and patient. i've seen him get the unproper treatment from some people and he is still patient, i respect him and regard him as my own grandfather (actually he is not that old). Beside him i also close with someone, his name is Mr Fazal he is the coach + manager of Basketball 3x3 i met him in some random time really haha at first i didn't supposed to go to kabbadi match, but i have to go with Dr Sailendu because he is doctor of course he must be there when the team having a match. At the kabbadi field i've met Mr. Fazal it wasn't taking so long after we talk a lot and thats how we get close. He is like my dad, he talk a lot, he styled like my dad, even his name is like my dad name! XD fazal, and my father is Faizal. and then i come, getting close with Mr. Shahid & Mr Bari the golf coach, i took the golf team to shop. Ms. Nibedita swimming coach who always and only contacted me when she need, i do really touched with that because in my perspective, Bangladesh people is not the type of people who get close with people easily, and they dont trust people easily. But once they attached to you they will relly on you not because they wants to order you but because they trust you. The name after is Mr. Ashraf from wrestling he is one big guy that everyone will get afraid at once we saw him but actually he is really warm and funny, i even got in unfavor condition with him but rather than be upset he just calmed me and ensure me that it was no one fault. There is one nice guy that everyone wants to get close with because he looks so easy going his name is Mr Saifur, he is the press attache of Bangladesh. I cannot believe that he's just at the same age with my mom -__- because he looks younger than his age. He is talking a lot too like Mr Fazal i rarely met him because he is always have things to do (of course he is) and he is already attached with his daughter hermin thats why i never accompanied him anywhere because he already have hermin and most of the time i am with Mr Sarker. On one fine day we went to an island together and i sat next to Mr Saifur on the way to the island until on the way back. We talked a lot about many things, in deep and serious conversation (that type of conversation that i cant ignore) politics, religion, point of view ,that it's just my things. After that trip we've been on some unnecesarry problem but thats what made us got even closer. 

Actually i want to tell you more about our beloved Mr CDM and Mr sarker but it gonna takes a long of pages XD so maybe i'll skip that. To make it short i just want to say that both are the respected gentleman, they have military background thats why they looks tough but inside they are really warm. Really.

Now i want to tell you about my team, at the first team my team consist of Mecca, Bunga, Alya, Yolanda and Hermin. Unfortunately before we met bunga is resigned. So there's only 5 of us. In the first week we also lose alya because of personal reason and she subtitued by Noufal. Mecca is cashless and organize person. Yolanda is a strong women, cheerful and careful. Hermin is a small cute girl who's not that innocent ahaha and Noufal is a person with a lot to do work lol he is the only one of us who really hard to be called due his high activity but til the end we still manage to keep our great teamwork. We never get into argument moreover fighting lol i can say that we are really harmonize.

When one by one of them comeback to Bangladesh we feel so sad, we are all that attached to them. I think it's just me or just indonesian people being so over reactive but no... they also feel the same too they telling me that they will miss us. To said that, i can say they are one of the most kindest and sweetest human being. Day after they leaving one by one of them is chatting me, calling me, video call me. Ask how i am doing, praying for me, praying for my family, they show me their family, introduce me to their family and ask me to come to Bangladesh. i feel so touched remembering and listening that things. Then i make sure that one day i will come there, it must be, i have to *finger crossed*

some Quotes from them :
"World is small rima, it is round. We always can meet each other. One day you say goodbye another day you'll say hello. We will meet again" - Dr. Sailendu

"Rima i will only bother you for the next 3 days because after that you will be free from me" - Mr. Sarker

"Human didn't fight each other it just animal who do that. Human can communicate in any form so we can discuss about the problem not by fighting" - Mr.Fazal

"After this maybe you'll remember us maybe you don't" - Mr. Saifur

"I see you since morning until night. Why are you not tired?" -Mr. Bari

"Why you never look tired?" - Shetul

"You are so nice. I pray for u always" - Mr ahsan

"I miss my family but this is hard to leaving all of you here" -Mr. Shohel

"Rima we always remember your kindness, we are all waiting you to come to Bangladesh" -Mr Omar

"You did performed so well in one word unprecedented. Nothing could have been any better with those kind of busy schedule. When you get an opportunity to visit Bangladesh you will be our special guest" -Mr shahid

"You all are become part of my life" - Mr Saifur

"Rima now you are my family member" "One and only miss Rima" - Mr Ashiqu

"You are doing a lot for us, you're doing very cordially" - Mr Zubaer

There's still a lot but all of those quotes are one that i really and always remember as my spirit whenever i'm going down. Thank you so much words cannot describe how grateful i am to meet you and have to spend the time, the days with you. You are all gonna be remembered.


Comments

  1. Feel so glad that i've been know this story before anyone know cause you told me first exclusively wkwk :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment