How I Met Your Father: Review & Curhat

Well hello,

Been a long time.

This time I wanna share to you about my current favourite series which you already read on the title.
For those who wondering, yes, How I Met Your Father (HIMYF) is a spinoff of How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM). I'm not fond of HIMYM because it's not that 'sitcom' for me. The HIMYF was also not that sitcom, sitcom (if we compares with Friends comedy-wise). HIMYM for me was Ted, Robin and three losers who will get mocked by Chandler and Joey. HIMYF characters are more likeable for me to fall in, not irritating at least.

All the current series on Netflix really gives me that I'm-their-target-audience feels because it was very relatable with my pathetic dating life. You find it hard find your person eventhough people keep telling you that you are attractive, you deserve to be with someone and bla bla bla. It's not because you are 'average' just like Sophie, she is hot but not that "glamorous" hot, she is not broke but not having a stable job, she is fun but not that kind of  "fun". That is why I relate on so many level with her, as many of us did. We will experience that phase when you want to be in a serious relationship, not wasting ur time with doofoos who doesn't know how to treat people, who can't communicate well then justify themselves as an introvert. No. Introverts can have a good virtual communication skills (texting) and the fact is, they can be really interesting to talk with once we find things in common or simply when they are attracted to you. SO STOP BEING AN INTROVERT BS AS UR EXCUSE OF BEING SUCKS.

Oops sometimes I show people how a crazy lady I am :p

As on the journey we will witnessing Sophie went into failed relationship, being ghosted on and off, thinking that she finally found the one who later went downhill because he is not supporting Sophie career (spoiler alert) we all definetely will go through that before we land to our "you are worth the wait" kind of people. Those nights when you cry yourselves to sleep, those nights when you are awake for your extra prayer to ask for God's mercy and love to bring our people real quick to abolish this loneliness. To bring us much more joy than we ever have before. That people who will makes us feel that "enough is not enough" cuz they give us the best thing in the world that we could've possibly have.

Before all good stuffs above happens, we will questioning ourselves, that stupid feeling after you went on bumble dates which go south or some might be of our silliness to travel abroad just for meeting our "love of my life" while ignoring our anxiety that hits off the chart where we think "how if even when I already come she/he blew us off in the end?" or maybe it's not them, it's you. What if they are not fulfilling your imagination and expectation of how you wanted them to be? Will you tolerate it? Will you "lower" your standard since you are tired of begin again, back again to that endless PDKT (lovebombing) circle? Will you reconsider it despite the dying alone threat? Will you?

My humble suggestion is if you can tolerate more than 50% of it, go for it. But if not, move along. 

"So how if I become too old to get married?"

 Uhm it's never too late before we are dead. Still better than dying alone #toxicpositivity

The deal is, no matter how desperate you are don't get back to your ex. They became ex for a reason. Your condition is different back then, now you have grown, you had developed in many things then why the updated version of you wanting people that was still in the same quality as the 15 or 20 of you.

As we watch Sophie get her person, us too on wondering around to find one and once we found them we also can tell our kids about "How I met your father" since we have the stories ammunition for doing so.


Comments